Sunday, January 29, 2012

New Years Resolutions


Judd loves to sit down every so often and write down plans. Whether they are plans for the month, or the year, or in years to come he just really likes to brainstorm and write things down.
So, it was no surprise to me when he had us sit down to make a New Years Resolution list. Our lists in the past have been as long as we could make them, I think they turned more into "wish list" than resolutions. But this year we made a short simple list so that we could really focus on them. And I didn't want to post it, until we could get through at least one month of success!!! So here is our list!

1)Temple, once a month
2)Country Dancing on campus (BYU-I) every Wed. night!
3)Family Prayer every night with our boys
4)Finish our commercial kitchen to participate in the Rexburg Farmer's Market!
5)Get in shape
6)Go on a cruise
7)Read the Book of Mormon
8)Do the Straw Maze again!

Not in any particular order, but I feel the key to success is to not just stop if we miss a few! We have already missed two or three nights of family prayer, and there was one week we didn't get to go country dancing and NORMALLY I would just give up! But we are still feeling good about our track record! We want to be able to go to the church once a week and play basketball or volleyball and then with country dance, it will really help us to get in shape. It's just really hard in the winter to exercise w/o a gym membership!
So here is to 2012! hopefully a very eventful year for our little family and our nation and our Rexburg Community!

4 comments:

Jack and Jenay said...

I love your list Sarah! Those are all things We need to work on. Anymore pictures from Jackson's birthday coming?

Amber said...

I love you guys and I'm so proud of you. Your goals rock, and I have to admit I am particularly fond of the country dancing :) Wish Peter and I could join you!

Melissa and Erick Avila said...

You can do it Sarah!!!!! I am DETERMINED to do the things on my list this year! I feel like I always make goals and then when I
"mess up" I give up too. Here's to 2012! May it be a year of MANY successes.

dandj said...

awesome guys. hello 2012! country dancing would be fun. oh, and the temple ;) love you! good luck!