Thursday, January 5, 2012

More Christmas Stuff

I had some pumpkins that were still good and decided to try making my own pumpkin mash to cook with. I always remember my mom doing it, we never canned it that I know of, but she would make pumpkin pie from fresh pumpkins =o)

So I called her and she told me what to do. I baked it for an hour and then peeled the skin and just mashed it down with a potato masher....it was quite a lot of work, and I think I am happy to buy it from a can. I think too, that I had a pretty big pumpkin, I had two big canned pumpkins worth when I was done!


I made pumpkin cookies...that is my favorite pumpkin recipe! They turned out pretty good. But once again, not good enough to sway me from buying canned pumkin. I can now say I tried it! and that I REALLY made these cookies from scratch! I even grew the pumpkin! haha!

These are some hair bows I made for christmas time...if only I had a little girl.


Turned out really cute!

1 comment:

Jack and Jenay said...

Cute Cute Cute. All the pictures are great. And I love the hair bows/flowers! Do you have us next year for Christmas??? Cuz if you do, I want one of those! :)