Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Trailer cont.


This is showing the last bit of sheet rock we had to do to cover the insulation

sheet rock is finished!!! But we have to get an inspection, I hope we pass, we haven't even scheduled it yet bc we haven't been here. (Or Judd hasn't been here.) and you can see the windows are in. (Just putting in all the windows took a WHOLE day)AND there used to be a window in that little end, but he put plywood over it and tin, and it saved us spending another $150 on a window! He did such a good job.

The back of the trailer finished

The front of trailer finished!! except for one little window (above the power box.)

detailed picture of the roof. There had to be no loose ends, all the tin had to be tight and sealed. I told judd the roof was good after we had all the plywood on, but he said no he had to cover it with tin to make it look nice. and it does. but it took a lot of extra time. Now all we have left for the outside is a new door. A stairway to get up, the trailer's skirt, and of course, frame in the windows.

So we have been working really hard. We usually get to work only 2 days a week!. Judd has been working with his dad selling pigs, so he is gone 2 or 3 days a week. Then one day is Sunday (no working) and the other 2 days we spend on the trailer. It has taken us 3 1/2 months to get this far and it has been very frustrating for me. I live in a time when you usually can get what you want almost instantly! I have had to be patient. IM NOT GOOD AT THAT. And I feel like we still have SO far to go. which we do. But next summer we will be ready to do the farmers market. And we may get to cater this winter for weddings or business chirstmas parties or other things. It just a matter of getting the word out.

Our key thing is PORK of course! pulled pork, tastey enough to stand on it's own, you don't even need BBQ sauce. We brine and slow cook the pork. It's actually Judd's family tradition, I just came into it. I have NEVER tasted anything like it, except in Hawaii when they do the luau pigs. And just two weeks ago we had somebody tell us it was better than the Polynesian Cultural Center's.? There are several other's doing BBQ pork, and Sam's club has their pulled pork now, which is dang good. But seriously, Judd's family recipe is BETTER!!
So this is why I support his crazy, but good, Idea. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW Sarah!!!! I just read all your trailer posts. You two are crazy. You must have learned so much doing this project. It is amazing what you've accomplished.

I hope all your inspections and then your catering business go well.

Next spring, I'll see if I can build a treehouse. We'll see if I can manage to get that done. If I had Judd, I'd be able to build a tree mansion!!!!

Thanks for posting the link for me to follow!

Breeana said...

Okay, WOW!!! Goodness gracious, you're going to do a catering business? That is really neat! I new a family in my ward in California who did that and they had some of the best recipes and yummiest food EVER! And after attending your lovely tea party, you've obviously got good recipes and cooking skills, too!

And you guys have been doing a TON of work on that trailor - I'm seriously impressed! You could not pay me to work with fiberglass... I really am WAY impressed that you installed that all by yourself!