Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NO WORDS for this. . .

When we give Jackson a bath we are in and out of the bathroom. Always in ear's reach. (he can take some really long baths b/c he likes to play) ANYWAY the last few nights have been really frustrating because I will leave the bathroom for one second and when I come back I find ALL of our towels in the bath tub with him!

SO the second night I thought, I will move the towels on top of the counter so he can't reach them from the tub. Well the second night he must have gotten out of the tub and grabbed the towels because, once again, I found all the towels in the tub with him again. (a lot of laundry)

So the third night I think I will pull the towels off and just put them on the kitchen counter... So he's in the tub. I'm in and out, getting his Milk warmed up in the microwave, getting his PJ's out, the normal stuff. checking on him in the tub. When I see his naked little body digging in the cupboard where we keep our fresh folded towels and he is pulling them out and dragging them toward the tub!!!! LUCKILY I caught him this time. So I say, "Your done, bath time, over." I dry him off bring him into the living room and lotion him. Put on a fresh diaper and his clean PJ's....

SO obviously you can guess what happened next by the picture below. I forgot to drain the tub! and I was distracted, TV maybe? When I hear a splash and realize my worst fear for that evening. I knew it wasn't the towels in the tub this time....IT WAS JACKSON!!!!! sometimes he drives me NUTS!
But then Judd saves the day (I mean, my sanity,) when he comes in to see, and starts laughing, because he remembers a picture of me in the same situation when I was about Jackson't age. He reminds me and tells me to grab the camera so we can put the pictures side by side....So here are the results.
Side note: notice I don't have any toys in my tub...But I have jacuzi jets! haha

12 comments:

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

HAHAHAHA! I love seeing the two pictures next to eachother! That is just too neat to see.

Amiee said...

HAHA!! That's so awesome!!! Like son like mother apparently? :) Jackson totally looks like you in the picture too...the boy version though of course. :)

Jack and Jenay said...

That's awesome Sarah!!!

Moses Family said...

Those are the cutest pictures:) All you can do is laugh about it.

Emily said...

Oh man, this is the best post ever! I was laughing about the stories of the towels and then it just got down right hilarious when Jackson put himself in the tub while he was in his pj's but then I DIED laughing when you have a picture of YOU doing that same thing when you were his age! :) Sorry that you had to clean up that mess but I heard once that our parents will get back at us when we grow up and have kids just like us! haha Your mom is probably so happy to hear this story. jk ;) Hopefully Jackson will have twins that put their pj'd selves in the tub at the same time that they put the towels and all their stuffed animals and the cake mix in the tub. Here's hoping. ;) I'm going to be laughing about this for days.

AggieMay said...

Goodness. That little Jackson sure gives you a lot to keep up with. I bet #2 will be a little calmer to even things out. I hope so anyway. Best of luck to you with the end of the pregnancy near! (I had to do a double take because I thought they were BOTH pictures of Jackson--I'm sure your parents got a kick out of seeing that)

JeriLyn said...

That is awesome! Who would have thought you did the same thing as a child. Good thing Judd had you grab the camera...that is classic. I love it!

Katie said...

That is hilarious! It was funny enough to see Jackson, but then looking down at you it was hilarious!

I hear you are dilated to a 4!! Are you having a baby this week Sarah?

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

This is so funny! It probably wasn't at the time, but how great is it that you both have those pictures now?! At least you know that Jackson is determined and persistent!

Unknown said...

I love it. That is too funny.

Melinda and Jeff Dalebout said...

Love it, made me laugh so hard.

Gena said...

I just laughed out loud when I saw that picture, and I can't believe you once did the exact same thing!!!