Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jackson and Porter Riley

Jackson has done extremely well with Porter! He LOVES HIM! He always wants to talk to him and hug him and kiss him. It is so funny. Judd and I didn't really do a lot of talking about the baby because I didn't want to confuse him to thinking that mommy's tummy was called baby. Plus he doesn't say much himself so I just didn't know how to explain things. But we did mension the baby. The baby's bassinet was out for quite a while and we would tell him that he couldn't get in it, it was for baby. Or we would show him baby toys, or show him the baby's at church and say we were going to get a baby soon....
So I just thought he would be CLUELESS. But he wasn't It's like he knew all along that the baby was coming When he holds him he really has this protective look in his eye, like he knows he is going to have to take care of him and show him the ropes...I know It has only been a few days since we brought him home from the hospital, but Jackson's response to his little brother continues to just be wonderful!! ...Maybe he thinks he's going home when Grandma does? After all he came the same time she did? Or maybe he's just patiently waiting for the day he wakes up and baby isn't here anymore? ...Or maybe my prayers came true that I would have a little boy that loves babys as much as his Dad does.


Our Sweet Porter who looks just like his brother did when he was born! I have MAJOR flashbacks everyday.




I LOVE MY ANGEL BOYS...and when I get frustrated with them I will have to re-read this blog.





4 comments:

Amiee said...

I'm so glad that Jackson has been so good!! Isn't it great seeing your children bond? I LOVE that part about being a mom of 2!

Moses Family said...

Sarah, he is darling! Enjoy every minute because it goes by way too fast. Such cute pictures of Porter and Jackson together. Hope you are getting some sleep:)

derek and michelle said...

he is adorable!

Meagan said...

I am so glad to hear that Jackson is doing so well. I pray that Kortney will love our baby just the same. Katie will do well because she is so old, but Kortney will be turning 2 the same week we have the baby.