Wednesday, December 16, 2009

HAPPY 1 MONTH BIRTHDAY

Today at 7:40 PM Porter will be 1 month old!! He has grown so much since we brought him home from the hospital. He can focus really well on our faces now and look into our eyes. Which is really fun and special. He is also getting pretty strong. He is a very sweet baby and LOVES to be held. He will never fuss if he is being held! AND today he started smiling at me when I coo at him. He really can smile! it's not gas or muscle spasms, everytime I coo he gets a smile. It's so cute, what a special gift to me for his 1 month birthday. Jackson didn't smile at us for cooing at him until he was 3 months old!..just a difference in personality! Porter also nurses longer. Jackson just gulped the milk down! Porter also has a cute little cry, like a lamb!
So I thought I would do a little comparrison between him and Jackson. I have Jackson's baby book and I have a picture of him at 1 month. I also have the same outfit that the picture was taken in so I put it on Porter and snapped the camera! They look so much alike to me in person..but the pictures show differences. the angles are different, and Porter's hair is fluffed out because I just gave him a bath, so it's kind of distracting. ANYWAY there are differences..I just can't tell you what they are.
Porter on top and Jackson on bottom. Remember the angles are different and so is the coloring.


They both have my nose, my lips, my cheeks, judd's eyes, judd's hair line, judd's brow... I think Jackson was just more chubby, haha! and that is the difference. Jackson is 11lbs in his picture and Porter is 91/2 lbs.


5 comments:

Adam and Dinae Pitcher said...

They are very similiar. I would have to agree. Look at Jackson's cheeks. A pounds makes a lot of difference. You are such a cute mommy.

Dinae

Jack and Jenay said...

Happy One month Birthday Porter. That's cute that you compared the pictures in the same outfit. I think its crazy how much they look alike.
This is funny because Jack and I were looking at your blog last night and saying that Porter would be one month today.
Can't wait to see him!

Marin said...

Sarah he is sooooooo CUTE!!!! I wish you lived here in ELK GROVE!! we could hang out EVERY DAY with our little babies!!!

Moses Family said...

I love them both. It's great to see how different they are.

Gena said...

Wow! They really look so much like. It's crazy! Can't believe he's already a month! Hope you guys had a good Christmas!