Sunday, September 13, 2009

Jackson's Vest

Okay so I have been in this sewing mood!! I mean I never take on projects like this! but it was SO easy and I loved doing it. I had this cowboy vest that's brown and beige from gymboree that I just used as a guide and VUALA! I got the material from a maternity shirt that was WAY long. I cut off the bottom and thought what should I do with this extra material and BAM it hit me!
I really am just so proud of this. I sew a lot but never clothes! and now Jackson and I can match this sunday! I can't wait. If I had had some more material I would have made Judd and tie. He just laughed, I think he's glad to not be part of our cheesy matching outfits.
I also have been way more motivated to make things for jackson, and BUY things becuase everything BOYish we buy will get to be used twice. I'm buying quality now. It's just nice that I am going to have two boys in a row and that they can both use the things we spend money on.



7 comments:

Marin said...

how cute!! I want to see you guys IN THEM and being all matchy!!! I love matching though.

The Harrisons said...

That is really cute! Such a great idea! I hope you post pictures of you two in the outfits too.

Allison said...

Those look great! How creative!

JeriLyn said...

I LOVE it! It's so cute!

Moses Family said...

I'm impressed! Great idea.

Emily said...

wow this is amazing. You did a really good job. You are very talented. I can't wait to see you match in person! ...like today?

Becca said...

Sarah! You are amazing! It turned out so well! Those are two lucky little boys that will be blessed by your skills!!