Monday, September 19, 2011

Rexburg Farmer's Market

Omigosh!? is that fur you see? yes it is! My newest baby shoe now has minky fur on the inside of the shoe to keep your little baby's foot warm through the winter =o)

These are the new fabrics I bought (after being told by some young students what style was in) stripes, argyle(not shown), and "the chevoron" which is zig-zag. I feel so out of the loop! to not know what the style is? I must be married with two kids and not gettin out enough to go shopping! SO, after their advice I got straight to work!

Skirts and shoes to match!


And part of my display for the Farmer's Market!

Okay, so remember when I told you that sewing these shoes was not something I did everyday, and that I wasn't obsessed and it was just somthing to do when I had nothing to do at all -well, skratch all that! It's offical, IM OBSESSED.
It's a good thing too, b/c I got into the Rexburg Farmer's Market, and I am now selling the things I am making!

I never thought I was one to put myself out there, and I was WAY nervious my first time I sold stuff (not to mension I only sold two pairs of shoes the WHOLE afternoon) But I have been there 2 more times since and have done very well.

My favorite thing about the Farmer's Market is that I am really feeling a sense of community, when we're all setting up our canopy's and tables every one is there saying, "can I help you?" "Can I get that for you?" "Oh, is this your first time?" "How did you do?" and my personal favorite, "Here, have some free dinner!" (from the vendor's selling food!) Every one is SO nice and so excited to succeed and to see everyone else around them succeed. I have had some great tips from other vendors, (who sell hair bows) tellin me which fabrics are "in" and I have had better success for it! I had a girl say , "Oh, I saw the cutest onesie with a vest sewn into it, you should sell those." and then she gave me a websight!

I been calling my parents to let them know how I do each week, and my second week there I told my Dad I sold 11 pairs of shoes...and he said to me, "An entreprenuer is born!" and I have been thinking about that and it's true! It's like a bug! I have caught the bug and I love it and I am so excited to find new things to make to sell.

The second thing I LOVE is seeing my product on the little babies being carried around the Farmer's Market. I have found a new hobby. I have found more fulfillment in life. The BEST part is, is that I can sew during my kid's naps and at night! I rarely work on my sewing when they are up and about! I get to spend all the time with my babies and still have this little business on the side to help support Judd and our family through all of HIS entreprenuer atempts :O)

2 comments:

Melissa and Erick Avila said...

Sarah, I'm so proud of you! Your dad is right...you're quite the little entrepreneur! So glad you've found a little hobby that you love and are SO good at! Keep it up! If we're ever in the same vicinity again you'll have to teach me all these wonderful skills! xoxo

Katie said...

Super fun Sarah!