Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Skirt!

I saw this AWSOME fabric at our craft store, Porter's. So, of course I had to buy it and I found a pattern, from a blog, that had a tutorial on how to make this "cupcake skirt"! so CUTE! anyway I just followed the directions, it was WAY SIMPLE, you could do it too. I'll post the blog at the bottom of the post.

So this is my skirt...well it would fit a 12-18 month old!

Then of course with the scraps I made some shoes to match =o)

And this is a whole nother project! Jackson is officially OUT OF OUR BED!! yeah!! it has been almost two months, and the last two weeks he hasn't even whined about being in his own bed, he just accepts it and even kind of prefers it now! who'd of thought this day would ever come? not me! ANYWAY his prize? I would paint a dragon on his wall. This dragon comes from a book I have loved since the third grade when my teacher Mrs. Bonds, first read it to our class. I bought the book in gradeschool from schelastics and I found it a few years ago. ANYWAY< I read it too my kids now =o) So I copied the dragon from this book. (the only difference is that Jackson wanted his scales purple, instead of red)...

I had a lot of fun doing it and took me longer than I thought (three nap times) But it was all worth it to see Jackson SO happy! what a little cheese ball!

4 comments:

Judd Sarah and Jackson said...

The blog that had directions on how to sew the skirt is, http://www.prudentbaby.com/2011/01/layer-cake-skirt.html
So I guess it isn't a blog

Moses Family said...

Can I say you are amazing?! I love all of your craft projects. You are so talented.

A little Birdie... said...

I was just going to ask you for the link for that skirt! IT IS SO CUTE! And you whipped that up in no time girl. Wasn't that the fabric you bought when we went to porters? You rock!

I MISS YOU!

Katie said...

A girl skirt and a girl quilt, Sarah are you hinting toward something?