Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Garden

Okay so I did "My Garden" over two posts so keep scrolling down!
This first post are the things I have harvested from my garden!!!
Cherries!! I have even more jars downstairs!! Judd actually helped me pitt and can these cherries, he is such a good worker! and they are SOOO good!!

Squash!! lettuce, carrots, beans!! (today was are first time to get beans!) and Garlic!! yup, who knew?? It's funny b/c Judd and I thought this whole time the garlic were onions! they started growing in April so for 5 months we thought the garlic were onions!!! So we are VERY HAPPY we eat a lot of garlic! mmmm
but b/c we waited so long to pull them up, they aren't as potent as the store's bummer! the lettuce has been SO nice to have around. I buy a head of lettuce every week, and I haven't had too all summer. So it's saved me at least $10 =o)

These are my helpers. Jackson insisted on wearing his dinosaur costume this morning and of course whatever Jackson wants Porter wants too!

Jackson is VERY helpful, he helped my pick ALL the beans this morning, and he catches the bad bugs that try to eat our corn (grasshoppers)

And last but not least. MOST IMPORTANT, even more important than my garden...Jackson is in his own bed now!! for over a week now!!!

5 comments:

Julia said...

The picture of Jackson in his bed is SOOOO cute!

Emily said...

This is fun to read about. Thanks for posting it. I am glad you got to have a garden. I am trying not to be jealous. You make everything seem fun. I know you were out there pulling weeds everyday. Nice touch with the rooster pic, by the way ;)
I MISS YOU!

Emily said...

Oh and yes, Jackson's bed is GREAT and the picture makes me smile almost as big as he is smiling. That is the smile I imagined when I told you I could see him smiling to get mail. hehe I really love him.

dandj said...

Amazing! Look at your happy harvest! I'm so proud of you Sarah! Seriously, I think you are the most amazing woman in the world! I laughed out loud when I saw the boys in their dino costumes ready to help in the garden :). Boys are funny.

Judd Sarah and Jackson said...

Emily, thankyou for noticing my rooster picture in the background....sometimes I try too hard.
Jami thankyou for laughing with the boys in their costumes...I was like REALLY? I only let them wear them after Jackson whinned about it for forever. =o)sigh