Wednesday, May 26, 2010

too many toys!

So why Jackson was gone to grandpa's house I thought I would organize (throw away) his toys. BUT, When I organized them and looked at what I wanted to get rid of, I probably only put two toy sets for the D.I. box and then only threw away 4 or 5 ruined toys...I thought I would be stronger than that, but I just couldn't get rid of any more toys!!!

Also Jackson is going to "preschool" at BYU-I. It is a great program! And they have already taught us parents so much. Some of these organizing ideas I learned from them. (Jackson goes twice a week for just over an hour and they have a two way mirror so the parents can observe their children without them knowing we are there. And I just have to say, I must be doing something right, b/c Jackson is the best behaved boy in his class, he is SO wonderful to the teachers and rarely makes conflict with the other children.) HE IS NOT LIKE THAT AT HOME!!!!!!

I put all the loose junk in groups and then put them into zip locks so he can only play with one or two at a time. (we haven't shown jackson how to open zip locks so if he wants to play with any of these toys he will have to come ask) HeeHee I can't wait! Also it dawned on me that when I go to church, now I can just quickly grab a bag! and BAM we're ready!! most of our "getting ready" for church is spent packing our bag with treats, drinks, and toys to keep Jackson entertained during sacrament meeting. And for his puzzles, each puzzle has it's own baggy for it's pieces, I thought it would be a pain to always put the pieces away but it actually is part of mine and Jacksons play time, he loves to take them out one at a time and them put them back when he is done.


These are the biggest mess makers ever! I have had the blocks in their own box since the day we got them, But then I thought DUH put the other toys in boxes too! (I think I always knew these things but was just too lazy to do it)


And here is my little helper!

7 comments:

Amiee said...

We LOVE little ziplock baggies! We use them all the time. Also we use those plastic things that bed sheets or whatever come in (not that we buy sheets or bedding that often) but if we do, we reuse them to put a few toys in. Or I have used old tupperware containers to put some toys in as well. It's definitely nice to have things organized!

Marin said...

SARAH you are so CUTE!!! You sound like me!! SO much time is spent cleaning organizing toys and getting the church bag ready!!! OH i wish we could come over and play!! You guys have WAY cooler toys than us!!! hee hee!!! I miss you. You are such a GOOD MOMMY!!! and I am NOT surprised that Jackson is the BEST boy there at preschool!!!

A little Birdie... said...

Way to go you! Yes, we should all buy stock in ziplock with how much you use with kids! Porter is SOOOO stinkin cute and grown up! Seriously, stop growing while I'm not there! Maybe we could get together this summer, if the kids and I are feeling adventurous enough to travel to Rexburg!

Adam and Dinae Pitcher said...

What a great idea. I need to steal your ideas. Everything looks great.

Emily said...

Porter is such a cute helper! Those toy organizing ideas look great. I took notes! I usually just throw everything into one big basket and say, "Phew, I'm done!" LOL You are a really good mom :) Not because you organized the toys, well, I'm sure that gives you points ;) but I just think that everything that you do motherly is really good! I can't wait to play with you guys!

Jack and Jenay said...

That's funny Sarah, I just did the same thing yesterday!! I didn't get quite as organized as you, but I got rid of some and hid some in the closet for later when he gets bored with the toys he has.
PS. Porter is getting so big!! I can't believe he can sit up by himself!!!

Moses Family said...

Good idea - love the ziplock idea. I wish my toy room looked like yours at the moment.