Friday, April 23, 2010

!! Best Pie Crust EVER !!


Okay so I found this pie crust recipe on www.allrecipes.com which is where I get all of my most fabulous recipes (except for the recipes I see on the food network, I go to www.foodnetwork.com for those, and they are exceptionally good too) I have to share this recipe with the world becuase it is so wonderful... really. I NEVER liked pie b/c the crust, well I LOVE PIE now!!!

Here's the recipe
2 cups flour
3/4 cups shortening
3/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup COLD water
1 Tablespoon cinnamon sugar/Onion powder

Okay SO the if your makeing a fruit pie add cinnamon sugar, if your making a chicken pot pie, add onion powder. This crust is SO good, SO flaky, SO delicioso!!!

so add flour, salt, and cinnamon/Onion Powder mix. cut in shortening. mash with spoon until the shortening balls up with the flour mix (little balls like peas) OR if you have a food processer you can just chop away. Then add the cold water. mix a tad then fold into a ball with hands. dump out on floured surface divide in two. (one for top and one for bottom)and roll out! Bake at 400 for 20 minutes!
I have used it for both chicken pot pie AND apple pie. MMMMMmmmmmmmMMM it is SOOOO GOOD!!

4 comments:

Melinda and Jeff Dalebout said...

I have made this one before, I love allrecipes.com. Look up the banana crumb muffin, I make them in my mini loaf and my kids go crazy. My father in law wants them weekly. Anyways I love good recipes so thanks for sharing.

Judd Sarah and Jackson said...

ooO that actually sounds really good! I can't wait to try it!

JeriLyn said...

I'm glad you posted that. I have been looking for a good pie crust recipe for forever.

Katie said...

yum sounds good. I love my mom's, but I haven't been able to perfect it since moving to Denver. I have a lot of problems with childhood CA recipes because of the altitude change. I'll have to try it!