Friday, January 22, 2010

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY

Two days ago, January 20th, Was Jackson's Birthday! We started the morning at 7:15 which I would normally yell at him to go back to bed, but instead I got up and turned on his favorite cartoons while I made him these Micky Mouse pancakes!
He was WAY excited to eat them. Micky Mouse is probably the only pancake that I could make that he would actually be able to recognise! haha! he thought they were great.

Then! Our ward does a social group! And there happened to be a meeting on his birthday so I took cup cakes and we had all the kids sing happy birthday to him why he got to blow out the candles!! YOU should have seen his face. He thought he was SO special! It was awsome!


Then that night we had a big family party. Judd made sweet, sweeeeeet pork, and I made "cafe Rio" beans and rice. And we had these delicious burritos! I made Jackson this dragon cake, which I am SO proud of. Mostly because Judd didn't think I could do it. But VUALA!! there it stands!



AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, Jackson loved his cake too. Look at that smile! We relit the candles a few times because he just LOVED blowing them out!...to see more birthday, keep scrolling down!




10 comments:

Emily said...

Micky Mouse Pancakes! You win the Mother of the year award! Those really were cool. :) And that Dino Cake was amazing. How DID you do it? :) Thanks for updating your blog. I was glad to see how it all turned out since I had to miss all the fun. :( I think that Jackson is a cute and fun little boy ...I mean big boy.

A little Birdie... said...

Way cute cake and pancakes!!! What a lucky little boy to have a mom like you!

derek and michelle said...

Aw how fun! I miss social group. Im glad he had a great birthday. The cake looks awesome!

Melinda and Jeff Dalebout said...

You are awesome! Tell your little man Happy Birthday from his cousins.

The Martins said...

What a fun birthday! I love the dragon cake and the Mickey Mouse pancakes - how darling!

LaRance family said...

Very cute! I can't believe Jackson is 2! Miss you!

Moses Family said...

Happy Birthday to Jackson! Love the pancakes and cake. You are amazing.

JeriLyn said...

Hey, good job on the pancakes and the cake. Birthdays are so fun!

Jack and Jenay said...

Looks like he had a great birthday!! We just got the internet today, we haven't had it for almost a month! I've been going crazy! So anyway, hope you guys are doing good. We miss you!

Gena said...

Way to go on the cake AND Mickey Mouse pancakes! You really know how to spoil a kid! I'd never think of that!

And WOW, Judd looks like his dad so much! (Just thought I had to point that out, as if you didn't know!)