Monday, July 12, 2010

Green Canyon and Ward Campout

We had a ward campout about a month ago, and it was SO fun! Each family brought their own dinner and then Bishop made a whole bunch of cobblers, Peach, cherry, rasberry, blackberry, it was really fun. Judd played volley ball and I tried to keep tabs on Jackson who really enjoyed the HUGE Great Dane and the fire, of course. And then Porter basically had 10 mothers b/c he got passed around most of the night. I think every one had a pretty good time. I slept in the car with Porter, and Jackson started the night in the tent with JUdd, and ended up in the car with me at about 1:30 AM haha! This is Bishop George with his grand daughter, and Jackson, who was loveing to help him make the cobblers.

The next morning after everyone left we went to the swimming pool that's right there on the camp sight. Jackson LOVED LOVED LOVED it! And as you can see, Porter fell asleep in the nice warm water. He splashed around for maybe 10 min before he conked out in his floaty, and he slept like that for a good hour!!

Jackson clung to me the first 20 minutes we were there and then he slowly was able to just hold my hand, then when he got the hang of his floaties he just took off! He loved swimming on his own!...We took him to the Shelly, Id. pool last week and he jumped right in the water with his floaties on. He didn't even care that his head went under the water and he kept wanting to jump in again and again, so he has lost all fear of the water! I can't wait to do swim lessons with him! He even jumped off the diving board (with me) hehe!

Judd the studd

there are no words.....

3 comments:

Marin said...

that is sooo sweet. I mniss you. Well i have to go to bed I am so tired from swimming all day long. I love how it wears them out!!!

Jack and Jenay said...

Cute!!! I took Triston to the pool last week and he loved it too!!! Miss you guys!

LaRance family said...

I'm jealous of all the adventures you guys a re going on. It looks like you are having a really fun summer. I can't beleive how big your boys are getting. They are both so so so cute. That is crazy that Porter slept in that pool floaty! Gene and I cracked up over that. I miss you so much! Love you!